torek, 10. avgust 2021

Twofer Card Challenge #41 - Dog/Cat

Welcome to the August Twofer Card Challenge. As you may know, we want to see two different designs for two different occasions using the same stamps, stencils and/or dies.  This month's prompt is Dog/Cat.

 
 
This will be the final Twofer Card Challenge. Please read what Darnell wrote about her decision.

After much thought, I have decided that this month will be the last challenge for the Twofer Card Challenge. Between family health problems and priority changes, it's the best thing for now.

I've had fun coming up with prompts each month and I've received so much inspiration from all of you who have played along. I know we have a lot of fans who will be disappointed and I'm sorry. I hope that you will continue on your own to stretch your design skills using the Twofer concept.
 
I want to thank my past and present Design Team members, including our blog Administrator, Loll, and Social Media Coordinator, Cat. These ladies have worked very hard behind the scenes every month to inspire you and leave you some love! We all look forward to seeing you on our personal blogs.

I have to say that I went back to our very first challenge and I was overwhelmed again by the number of you who played to show me your support. It meant the world to me then and it still does. Thank you for playing along the last four years and thank you for being so good about leaving some encouragement for your fellow players! Mwah!

To inspire you, I've used, as many times in the past challenges, my favourite craft supplies from Najlepši par named Naughty cats. I've created a birthday card and a happy new year card.

I'm entering both cards to:

- Najlepši par: Galerija meseca avgusta (pravokotniki s šivi, mačje navihanke, vse najboljše 4, kozarec tresočka, okrašeni pravokotniki, ozadja z voščili, plastična šablona smreka, voščila za vse priložnosti, jesen)

BIRTHDAY CARD


 

For this card I took a piece of patterned paper LemonCraft named Wood Patterns 03. It is rare that I use patterned papers. I prefer to make backgrounds by myself, but this papers are just "my cup of tea". :-) I added three hexagons cut out of white paper and decorated them with the cats water colored with distress inks. I added sentiment (happy birthday) and three blooms for balance the card. 

I'm entering this card to:

- A Place To Start: AUGUST 2021 - Challenge #8 - What's Your Style (my style is CAS) 

- Addicted to Stamps and More: Challenge #411 -  MAKE YOUR MARK

- As You Like It Challenge: Favourite Pet Animal (and why) - as a child I use to have cats - sweet memories :-)

- The Male Room: Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday 


HAPPY NEW YEAR CARD



 
 
For this card I took a white rectangle with stitched edges and shaded the Christmas tree true the stencil with distress inks. Before removing the stencil, I stamped with the help of my misti some inspirational words. Suitable for new year promises. :-) It seems that the cat (stamped on mixed media paper, colored with distress inks and cut with the die) is enjoying sleeping in front of the tree. :-) I've decorated a tree with a golden star and added heat embossed sentiment in gold (happy new year). I mounted everything on the green rectangle. 

I'm entering this card to:
 
- CAS Mix Up Card Challenge: CAS Mix Up Stencil Challenge - Stamping through Stencil  (stamping through stencil, de cutting, coloring with distress inks, heat embossing)


Please check out what our guest designers Vicky and Donna W. and the talented ladies of the designer team have created to inspire  you. Write some kind words on their blogs. They will love it as all of us do. :-) Join us with your cards with dogs or cats. 

Dear Darnell and dear designer team, thank you for inviting me to be the member of a wonderful and inspiring team of amazing card designers. I really enjoyed the time with you. 💕 

Take care and stay safe!

Till the next time,

Sonja


18 komentarjev:

Chrissie pravi ...

Two great cards Sonja, your colouring is terrific and the effect of the script on the Christmas tree is so effective.
Thanks so much for joining us at CAS Mix UP!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) pravi ...

Just love both of your little kitty cards, Sonja!! They remind me of my brother's cat, Misty! The kitty trio looks so cute in their circles on card one & I love the sleeping kitty by the Christmas tree! Thanks for the Twofer inspiration over the years!!

Darnell pravi ...

You're very welcome, Sonja! Thank YOU for bringing your talent and creativity to every challenge! I've loved having you on my team and, as always, you leave me inspired with your Twofers. I love the pp you used for that fun triple window/triple kitty card and the great job you did painting the kitties. And, wow, I love how you combined this challenge and the CAS Mix Up challenge with your stamped-inside-the-stencil Christmas tree card! Kitty looks all comfy curled up underneath. Thank you for all your support and friendship. Love, Darnell

My Paper Epiphany pravi ...

Wonderful Twofer and a very cute cat! The script stamped on the tree adds so much interest - love it! Thanks for sharing at CAS Mix Up:)

Bonnie pravi ...

These kitties are so adorable, Sonja, and I love how perfectly they fit in the hexagon frames! That's awesome Designer Paper too! Your stamped through a stencil tree is awesome and the perfect place for your kitty to curl up for a Christmas nap! It's been such fun being on this Design Team with you and getting to know you better! Also, thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xoxo

Vicky Hayes pravi ...

I just love your style Sonja and these two cards are stunning! The little cats are adorable and those papers you used on the first cards are also my cup of tea ;) Love the way you placed your kitties in the hexagons. The Christmas card is gorgeous too. I love the stamped words on the tree and the little cat asleep in front of it with her little santa hat on! Vicky x

MortiCraft pravi ...

Very cute cats! Love the birthday card with its wood grain background and the cats very neatly placed in the hexagon frames. Don’t forget to add our challenge graphic to your blog post to be eligible for votes. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

Sarah pravi ...

Such a sweet card. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

Happy Dance pravi ...

What a sweet kitty set! My favorite cat was a tiny little fellow named Pixie. He was a delight, and we were buds. Your cards bring back happy memories of him! But all of your cards a delightful and I've enjoyed lingering over them through the years. It's been a true delight to be on this team with you too. I know you will continue to inspire all of us out in blogland with your creations. Take care my friend. xo Bev

Marcia Hill pravi ...

Oh Sonja...your little kitties are absolutely ADORABLE!! I love how perfectly they fir in your hexagons for your birthday card, and the little one napping in front of the Christmas tree (which is beautiful with the stenciling in it!!) is just precious!! It was so fun getting to know you through blogland and the DT at Twofer, and I hope we will continue to cross paths in blogland in the coming years! Take care my friend! Hugs, Marcia :0)

nancy littrell pravi ...

Oh my Sonja, your final Twofer cards for Dolly's awesome Twofer challenge are adorable with your sweet kitty cards. TFS all your Twofer cards as a member of the very creative DT. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Cardsbymaaike pravi ...

aww how can I resist a cute kitty card? I can't lol. fabulous Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges

Cindy Groh pravi ...

Such cute cards.

Cvetoči travnik pravi ...

Sonja, imaš toliko mednarodnih komentarjev, da sploh nisem vedela, če bo blog mojega sprejel:)))
Tvoje objave so zelo pestre in kombinacijo enega elementa za več namenov pri tebi resnično občudujem. Saj veš, vse pogledam (predvsem na FB), za kaj več pa že skoraj nimam "časa":)
Danes je očitno poseben dan, sem napisala že malo "morje" komentarjev in sem prav ponosna nase;))) Objem Andreja

Janja pravi ...

Zelo mi je všeč postavitev prve. Lepi sta pa tako obe. Lp

Sari / Granne pravi ...

AWW, so cute kitties and love the layout and coloring. Thank you so much for joining The Male Room Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday

Chana Malkah pravi ...

Congratulations! You were selected at a Rising Star at A Place to Start for the week of August 9th-15th, 2021. Thanks for a fabulous response to our challenge. Please stop by our blog and grab your badge!

Jane pravi ...

Congratulations on your win at The Male Room. Please contact me to claim you prize - themaleroomcraftchallenge@gmail.com