sreda, 17. februar 2021

Reminder Twofer Card Challenge #35 - Balloons

I made these two cards as a reminder that there is only one week left in the current Twofer Card Challenge where this month's prompt is BALLOONS. It's wonderful to see so many amazing creations in the gallery so far.

I have to tell you that it was not easy at all to make this twofer. Not because I don't have enough different craft supplies in the shape of balloons in my craft room, but because I was thinking in the same direction all the time. :-) It was necessary for me to step out of my comfort zone to create two totally different cards with the same stamp. I've created a birthday card and Christmas card. For both of them I've used craft supplies of the Slovenian brand Najlepši par. I adore everything in their store

I'm entering my cards to the:

- Najlepši par: Galerija februar 2021 (pravokotniki s šivi, vesela pošta, mali medvedki, tvoj dan rezalne šablone in štampiljka, na nebu, voščilo, mačje navihanke)

- Najlepši par: Zadeni celotno poletno kolekcijo (mačje navihanke)

BIRTHDAY CARD

 
For this card I took a piece of white paper and stamped star shaped balloons in rainbow colors. I colored some of the balloons with pencils. Then I die cut the rectangle in the shape of a postal stamp. The big sentiment (today is your day) is cut out 2 times. Ones from white paper and once from red moss gum and glued together. The other part of the sentiment (may it be happy and full of dreams) is heath embossed in white on black paper. The button with the word and the little hearth instead of the dot are die cut out of red paper. I have mounted everything on a red card base.

I'm entering this card to:  

- AAA Birthday: Game #22 - A Large Sentiment

- Use Your Stuff: #416 It's My Favourite (rainbow colors)

 CHRISTMAS CARD


For this card I took a piece of white paper, dry embossed with the dots. I mounted it on a green base. Then I stamped the shape of the balloon on the white watercolor paper and die cut it. I thought about turning the balloon into the comet. So I needed the die cut of the rainbow to make the appropriate shape for the tail with the scissors. Both the star and the tail are watercolored with the brush in gold color. The little cat riding the comet is colored with distress ink. For the sentiment I have colored white paper with red distress ink and glued over it clear adhesive tape. Then I cut the sentiment with the die (happy holiday). The adhesive tape makes the sentiment shine. Christmas cards needs to have some sparkle. :-)

I'm entering this card to:

- CAS Christmas Card Challenge: February 2021 - Dogs and or Cats

- NBUS Challenge #23 (cat

- Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog: MLCCB #31: February Anything Christmas Goes

Take your balloons - stamps, dies or stencils - create two different cards for the two different occasions and join us at the Twofer Card Challenge. As already mentioned you have one more week to create your cards.

Take care and stay safe!

Till the next time,

Sonja

     

19 komentarjev:

Tina Z. pravi ...

Oo, tole je super, balonček v obliki zvezde. Krasne inspiracije si nam dala. Mene ta izziv še muči.

ArtMBR pravi ...

Tako zelo lepe si spet naredila. Joj kako me grize, da bi naredila še prav čas kaj z baloni na dva načina.

Valérie pravi ...

I love your birthday card. Your background is colorful and I like how you die cut twicee the sentiment. Perfect for our challenge at AAA Birthday. Thank you for sharing at AAA Birthday. Valérie DT

Inkyfingers pravi ...

What a fun and pretty festive card, Sonja! I love the background texture and it was a great composition idea to have the kitty hitching a ride on the falling star. Love the gold shimmer too.
Hugs
Carol x

Ne-Ja pravi ...

Svetovno in res sem vesela kadar greš iz svoje cone udobja- takrat narediš res vrhunske voščilnice v tako tvojem stilu :)!

aussie aNNie pravi ...

Beautiful cards and love this design...lovely post. xx

Brenda in IN pravi ...

That's what I love about the Twofer challenge. It sure makes me think not only of the stamps I have to use in the challenge, but HOW to use them. These are two great cards, Sonja. I love the soft colored star balloons on the first card and the movement on the second card. Great job thinking outside the box.

Darnell pravi ...

These are both delightful, Sonja! That's what I love about your cards: they are always colorful, well executed, and full of joy! I love how you used the star-shaped balloon to create both a festive balloon-filled birthday card (great popped up sediment!) and a fun golden comet for your kitty to ride on your Christmas card! That little Santa hat is so cute! Thank you for the reminder for TCC and for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Be well and safe! Hugs, Darnell xoxo

Valerija pravi ...

Ooo spet tako super ideje. Kako lepe zvezdaste balončke imaš. Potem pa še muc na zvezdi repatici... Obe sta čudoviti!

Bonnie pravi ...

I love this background of beautifully colored star shaped balloons, Sonja! It's so festive! A very clever idea to make a comet from a star and rainbow die! Love that sweet little Christmas kitty!

Cathy pravi ...

Two fun cards! Love how you've used the balloon star stamp in each and thankyou for playing along at CAS Christmas, Cathy x

Tina pravi ...

Jeeej, kako sta krasni. Pisani zvezdnati baloni so mi tako zelo všeč in pa čuca na repatici...fantastična ideja!!!

Jane pravi ...

Loving those bright happy colours and the bold sentiment. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

Metuljčica pravi ...

Tole je pa res mojstersko, idejo z muco in njeno kapico pa ti bom itak ukradla. Nadvse sem navdušena nad obema voščilnicama.

Loll pravi ...

Such wonderful twofer cards Sonja! Love both of them! Thanks for sharing your cat card with us at CAS Christmas. Adorable scene with the cat riding the shooting star. Great tip about adding adhesive before die-cutting! xx

Anita in France pravi ...

You found two fabulous different designs to create with that plump heart balloon, Sonja! All those bright balloons bobbing about in the background to the bold scripty sentiment are so fun and happy ... and that little kitty riding the comet trail is just adorable ... all the shimmer and shine around him is delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Jane Willis pravi ...

Two gorgeous and very different cards. i love that kitty riding on the shooting star!
Jane
Guest Designer at CAS Christmas

Susan pravi ...

Terrific cards for Darnell's Twofer and the Christmas one is great for the CAS Christmas challenge. Love the little cat on the beautiful comet. Thanks so much for making a card for the CAS Christmas challenge I'm hosting.

missgailly pravi ...

Love both your cards. So different but still using the same stamp. Cool! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STASH - DT Gail #staysafe #stayhealthy